Monday, December 17, 2012

39 Weeks

38 weeks 5 days

How far along? 38 weeks 6 days

Weight gain/loss: Down a couple pounds, so my total gain is 10.8 lbs!

Feeling: Good, not really in much pain, just anxious to meet her. I waddle some when I first stand up and she settles back into my pelvis, but overall not to shabby for 9 months pregnant!

Maternity clothes?: Same, same, same.

Sleep: Better this week than last, except I've been waking up a lot more recently because I have a lot of nervousness and anxiety over when labor will start.

Food cravings: I would love to have a Crispy Chicken Deluxe sandwich from Wendy's everyday.

Movement?: Slower during the day, but she really takes off at night. Her movements are becoming painful, like she's ripping my cervix apart. 

What I miss?: nothing really!

Best moment this week: My appt today! I made my appt for 1 day sooner than I normally go, just because I was anxious to get back and get checked, haha. So in 6 days I went from 2cm dilated & 25% effaced to 3 1/2cm dilated and 25-50% effaced! She's still high, but my doctor said it's common for second babies to not drop until just before labor or during labor. So, based on that (dilation, effacement, station and having an anterior cervix) I officially have a favorable cervix and I have a 90% chance of going into spontaneous labor in the next week! He expects me to go this week sometime, but if not, I have an induction scheduled for the 26th at 7 AM which he is very confident will be successful.

I was so surprised at the change in just 6 days, once I hit 3 full cm with Samson, I went into labor within days and I'm so so hoping to follow suit this time so I have her in the next couple days. As we were leaving the office, we didn't make an appt like we normally do and the receptionist caught us and asked "No appt??" I said "Nope! Last one!!" it was so surreal walking out the door knowing it was my last appt before I have my baby. It's finally hitting DH too, he said in the elevator "I can't believe we're to this point" I think he's very excited, but also getting nervous to have another baby. I go back and forth  between excited and scared shitless, but mostly excited. I can't wait to see her face and kiss her cheeks.

What I'm looking forward to: Labor!


No comments:

Post a Comment