Thursday, July 12, 2012

16 Weeks!

Aren't you all lucky? Updates two weeks in a row!! :)

16 Weeks 1 Day...I'm so cute! haha

How far along? 16 weeks 2 days

Weight gain/loss: Up 1 1/2 lbs from 15 weeks so I'm still down about 4 1/2 lbs prepregnancy. I had my appt yesterday and my Doc said it was "acceptable" and to be prepared to gain anywhere from 8-14 lbs over the next 8 weeks.

Feeling: Pretty good overall, still tired often.

Maternity clothes?: Almost all maternity clothes but still t-shirts.

Sleep: Getting kinda crappy

Food cravings: Still corn on the cob, but I was able to get some for free from some friends and I have been loving it!

Movement?: Some every day, especially after something sugary. Earlier this week I felt some actual kicks, they were so cute and brought back so many memories of being pregnant with Samson!

What I miss?: Sleeping well

Best moment this week: Having my appt yesterday, I'll talk more about it below.

What I'm looking forward to: My elective u/s TOMORROW!! We decided to go to Minnesota earlier in the day on Friday so I thought I'd make a Friday afternoon appt instead of my Saturday morning appt. So now I go at 3:45 tomorrow afternoon!! SOOOOOO excited!

Next Appointment: August 8th for my 20 week appt. I had my 16 week appt yesterday, at my 12 week my doc couldn't find the heartbeat and I told him about my doppler and that I'd heard it since 8 1/2 weeks. He told me then to bring it in for my 16 week appt so he could check it out. So I brought it in yesterday and he looked it over and said "I'm gonna use this for your appt today!" haha. He used it and even though the counting was off he was super impressed and wrote all the info down about it and where to buy it, lol, it was funny to see him get so excited over a doppler. So anyway, he was able to find the hearbeat and he said it sounded great and right around 160 which is exactly what Samson was at almost every appt. He also measured me and said I'm measuring about 3 weeks ahead, I'm hoping that it's just how I'm carrying and I won't have a monster baby.

I also scheduled my BIG ultrasound (even though we'll be finding out the sex tomorrow, I'm still excited for the a/s)!! I was able to get an u/s at exactly 20 weeks because he's going on vacation that same week and wanted to get the results back to me so I don't have to wait 3 1/2 weeks, which I thought was nice. My doctor is such a caring man and I love that he wants to make sure I have all the info and feel secure in the health of my baby. So I go for my a/s on August 7th at 7:30 AM! DH has to leave RIGHT after the appt for a Farm Show (yea, we're from Iowa!) and will be gone for 3 days. I'm bummed we won't get to spend the day together like we did after Samson's a/s but it just makes me grateful that we're finding out tomorrow and get to have the rest of the weekend together. I also have to go to my appt and hear the results of the a/s by myself the next day which I'm not happy about, but I'm sure everything will be perfect and I won't have to hear any bad news alone.

Milestones: Feeling the first actual kicks!

1 comment: