Wednesday, May 23, 2012

9 Week Update!

Holy crap! Where has time slipped away to? I've had a lot of awesome experiences the past couple weeks. I had my first beta drawn on April 30th at about 25-26 DPO and it came back amazingly, over 8,000! Whew! My doctor was very pleased and I scheduled my first u/s for the following Monday, May 7th. That was the longest week of my life, I had so many nerves and while I was scared, I was just really looking forward to seeing our baby and hopefully the heartbeat. The u/s started and the tech was very nice and explained everything that she'd be doing. I held my breath as she looked for the baby, finally after what felt like hours, she pointed to the screen and said "Here's your baby, and see that flicker? That's the heartbeat"

I bawled. I saw my tiny little baby with its amazing little heart pumping away, measuring just a couple days behind my LMP DD, but right in line with my O date. Perfect. I'm getting teary eyed and choked up just typing this out. I felt so much relief and I was just beaming while we walked out of the doctors office.

Last week I decided to bust out my doppler, even though I told myself I wouldn't, and even though I knew it was waaay too early. I tried at 7w 6d and again the next day, all I could hear was my body digesting and my own heatbeat, no shocker. I held off a day or too and tried again last Friday at about 8w 3d and caught the shortest blip of what I was pretty sure was the heartbeat, I couldn't find it again and gave up until that night when H was home. H was watching the Boston game (go Celtics!) and I found it and yelled "Pause it!!" and we got to listen to our tiny baby's heart gallop away at 163, so so happy!

How far along? 9 weeks 1 day

Weight gain/loss: Down 3 lbs

Feeling: Eh, super nauseous a lot of days and sooo tired. Sometimes I feel completely fine and then it hits me and I think I'll throw up, but I haven't yet.

Maternity clothes? Some! I bought some cute maternity capris and have worn those a few times. Even though I've lost weight, my jeans aren't fitting like they usually do. I also spend the majority of my day in jogging or sweat pants.

Sleep: It's okay, not as good as it was, I fall asleep earlier and then will wake up at 4-5 and have a little trouble getting back to sleep.

Food cravings: Pizza! Even if I feel super sick, I could still choke down a piece of pizza, especially stuffed crust.

Movement? Not yet, hopefully in the next 4-5 weeks, I can't wait to feel that butterfly!

What I miss? Not feeling sick and having energy.

Best moment this week: Hands down, hearing the heartbeat. 

What I'm looking forward to: Our town's parade that our family is walking in for H's work. It's always fun and I think Samson will have a good time.

Next Appointment: June 13th, I just had my intake appt this past Monday and the nurse was worthless because she's a Peds nurse and was just helping out that day. I didn't have any questions, but I wish she would've known more about the info she was giving out, oh well. I'm hoping at my next appt I'll be able to schedule the A/S, but I'm thinking I'll probably have to wait until my 16 week one.

Milestones: Hearing the heartbeat, it's been such a comfort that my baby is growing and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment